Special Issue: Call for Papers
We strongly encourage submissions of an extended version of your workshop contribution or other topical work to the special issue Trust, Acceptance and Social Cues in Human-Robot Interaction in Paladyn, Journal of Behavioral Robotics, which is based on this workshop.
This special issue focuses on investigating users' trust in robots. Although the previous editions had the pleasure to welcome the participation of leading researchers in the field, and several exceptional invited speakers, who identified some of the principal points in this research direction, current research still presents several limitations. For this reason, we continue to further explore the role of trust in social robotics to effectively support the design and development of socially acceptable and trustable service robots. In this context, a deeper exploration of trust in HRI approached from a multidisciplinary perspective (including AI, Psychology, Ethics and Law) is required. Therefore, this special issue will explore the different aspects of human-robot interaction that can affect, enhance, undermine, or recover humans' trust in robots, such as the use of social cues or behaviour transparency (goals and actions).
This thematic special issue in Paladyn, Journal of Behavioral Robotics strongly encourages submissions of high-quality research papers from leading researchers in the fields addressing (but are not limited to) the following aspects:
- Impact of Social Cues on Trust in Human-Robot Interaction
- Measuring Trust in Human-Robot Interaction
- Trust Violation and Recovery Mechanism in HRI
- Effects of Humans' Acceptance on Trust of Robots
- Humans Sense of Control and Trust in Robots
- Trust and Assistive Robotics
- Overtrust in Robots
- Antecedent of Trust and Robot Trust
- Enhancing Humans Trust in Robots
- Enhancing Trust in a Robot Companion
- Privacy implications on Trust in HRI
- Mental models and Trust in HRI
- Trust and Safety in HRI
- Ethics implications on Trust in HRI
- Trustworthy AI
- Legal frameworks for trustworthy robotics
Authors are requested to submit their full research papers complying the general scope of the journal. The submitted papers will undergo the standard peer-review process before they can be accepted. Notification of acceptance will be communicated as we progress with the review process.
How to submit
Before submission, authors should carefully read the Instructions for Authors.
Manuscripts can be written in TeX, LaTeX (strongly recommended) - the journal’s LaTeX template. Please note that we do not accept papers in Plain TeX format. Text files can be also submitted as standard DOCUMENT (.doc) which is acceptable if the submission in LaTeX is not possible. For an initial submission, the authors are strongly advised to upload their entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file.
All submissions to the special issue must be made electronically via the online submission system Editorial Manager.
All manuscripts will undergo the standard peer-review process (single blind, at least two independent reviewers). When entering your submission via online submission system please choose the section/category SI on Trust, Acceptance and Social Cues in Human-Robot Interaction.
Submission of a manuscript implies that the work described has not been published before and it is not under consideration for publication anywhere else.
The deadline for submissions is 15 May 2021. Earlier submissions will be reviewed and published online on an ongoing basis.
About the journal
Paladyn, Journal of Behavioral Robotics is a fully peer-reviewed, open access, electronic journal that publishes original, high-quality research on topics broadly related to neuronally and psychologically inspired robots and other behaving autonomous systems. The journal provides the readers with free, instant, and permanent access to all content worldwide; and the authors with extensive promotion of published articles, long-term preservation, no space constraints and quick publication.
Paladyn, JBR is indexed in SCOPUS.
- ISSN: 2081-4836
- Owner: De Gruyter
- Home page: https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/PJBR/html
Contributors to the special issue will benefit from
- indexation in SCOPUS
- NO submission FEES; voluntary publication fees*
- fair and constructive peer review provided by experts in the field
- no space constraints
- convenient, web-based paper submission and tracking system – Editorial Manager
- quick online publication upon completing the publishing process (continuous publication model)
- better visibility due to Open Access
- long-term preservation of the content (articles archived in Portico)
- extensive post-publication promotion for selected papers
* The journal is subject to an article processing charge (APC). Note that this only accounts for accepted manuscripts. There are no submission fees. Nevertheless, the journal is able to offer high discounts and also the possibility to apply for a waiver, particularly for authors who do not have funds for publication in an open access model.
In case of any questions please contact:
- Alessandra Rossi (lead Guest Editor; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Patrick Holthaus (Guest Editor, email@example.com)
- Sílvia Moros (Guest Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Gabriella Lakatos (Guest Editor, email@example.com)
- Marcus Scheunemann (Guest Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Justyna Żuk (Managing Editor of Paladyn. JBR; Justyna.Zuk@degruyter.com)